CALL FOR SESSIONS
Call for Sessions is now open!
Session and workshop proposal submissions are welcome
for consideration for the 3rd Global Soil Biodiversity Conference,
which will be held in Dublin, Ireland from 1 – 3 November 2021.
Call for Proposals
10 January 2020
2 March 2020
Notification of Outcome
31 March 2020
Presenter Confirm Attendance by
TBC Mid 2020
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The lead presenter must submit the proposal and will be the contact for the proposal with the conference organiser.
- If the proposal is accepted, each presenter must submit the abstract for their presentation at a later date which will be included in the book of abstracts and app. The organiser of the session/workshop must ensure that all presenters submit their abstracts. Further details will be provided in the acceptance notification of how to register and submit their abstracts.
If you have any queries please contact GSB2021@conferencepartners.ie.
A session/workshop proposal can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
Proposals for sessions that focus around a current topic in soil biodiversity research are invited. Proposals will be assessed on their relevance for soil biodiversity research. We aim to cover a broad range of topics in these sessions, and this criterion will be an important guideline for the selection of proposals.
There will be two types of organised sessions:
- Fully Organised – Fully organised, symposium-type session with list of 6 potential titles/ speakers.
- Partly Organised – One or two invited speakers plus empty slots for contributed talks from the call for abstracts.
We invite proposals for 1.5-hour and up to 3-hour organised workshops to take place during the main conference programme, and pre- or post-conference workshop (up to 3-hours). Workshops need to be interactive and proposals need to clearly outline how the audience is involved. Workshops normally address at least one of the following categories:
- Training, methods, skills
- Communication, education, outreach
- Policy, conservation
- Crossing disciplines
- Workshop – 1.5 hour
- Workshop – 3 hour
- Workshop – Pre/Post Conference 3 hour (please note that generally delegates will have to pay to attend these workshops)
Note: At the review stage, the Scientific Committee may change the session type submitted by the lead presenter to ensure the continuity of the conference programme. If this occurs the committee will get in contact with the lead presenter regarding the change to their submitted session type. The decision of the committee is final.
Proposals must be submitted under one of the conference’s six sub-themes.
- Global Drivers of Biodiversity
- Soil Biodiversity for Sustainable Agriculture
- Aboveground-Belowground Interactions
- Novel Techniques in Soil Biodiversity Research
- Threats to Soil Biodiversity & Protection of Soil Biodiversity
- Restoration of Soil Biodiversity
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Proposals will be assessed on their relevance and scientific quality, and will be selected to provide a balanced range of topics, as well as on representing a diverse range of speakers and gender balance.
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing proposals for submission for GSB 2021. Proposals which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit a proposal
Who submits the proposal?
The lead presenter will be the contact person for the session and must submit the proposal.
Where to start?
The lead presenter is required to create an account to submit a proposal for review according to the guidelines set out. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account.
Is the proposal correctly submitted?
Upon successful submission of the proposal a confirmation email will be sent to the lead presenter. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check that your proposal is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit/View Proposal page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the proposal cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your proposal, contact GSB2021@conferencepartners.ie.
The submission process will be through the GSB 2021 online submission portal
The online proposal submission system is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the session (word limit is 8)
- Session type (must be chosen from the list above)
- Theme (must be chosen from the sub-themes list above)
- Contact details of the lead presenter who will act as the main contact for this proposal; note that this person must be listed as the first presenter in the portal)
- Name, affiliation, and email of co-presenter(s)
- Proposal word limit is 500
- Download the proposal template below to create the proposal as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the proposal.
- Workshop only – Provide a description of the workshop which will inform delegates of the content – 30 words
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
– Name and contact details of convenors (sessions only)
– GDPR sharing of information
– Consent from co-presenters
Proposal Submission Template
Proposals must be formatted using the GSB 2021 template. Proposals may only be submitted in English. Click on the button to download the template.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All proposals will go through a peer-review carried out by the GSB 2021 International Scientific Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter by 31 March 2020.
Registration of the Presenters
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting a proposal. However, when notified of acceptance, all presenters listed in the proposal are required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by the date set out in the notification email. It is the responsibility of the session organiser to inform presenters of acceptance and ensure that they are registered. A session/workshop will not be fully accepted into the programme until all presenters are registered.
If a presenter fails to register by the date stated, the session
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all GSB 2021 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by Tues 30 June 2021 for all withdrawals and change of presenters, contact GSB2021@conferencepartners.ie.
Terms and Conditions:
- All presenters must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the acceptance email. If they do not register and pay in full, the session will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- All presenters are available to present at the conference between 1 – 3 November 2021.
- It is the responsibility of the lead presenter to submit the proposal. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-presenters.
- The proposal submitted adheres to the submission guidelines set out above.
- The text of the proposal along with the presenter names and affiliations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- The proposal submitted is in English.
- This proposal has only been submitted once for GSB 2021.
- Following review and discussion with the Scientific Committee, a submission as a particular session type or sub-theme may be changed to a different type in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presentations may be recorded for broadcast in parallel rooms.
- All submission and reviewers data will be removed from CPI databases within 12 months of the conference ending.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the GSB 2021 Programme Team GSB2021@conferencepartners.ie